WARM DATE PUDDING
- RSCL SUGAR BROWN (POWDERED) – ¾ CUP
- CHOPPED DATES – 200 GMS
- WATER – 1¼ CUPS
- SODA BICARBONATE – 1 TSP
- BUTTER – 60 GMS
- EGGS – 2 NOS
- SELF RAISING FLOUR – 1 CUP
- Grease deep 20 cm round cake pan.
- Line base with paper. Grease paper.
- Combine dates and water in pan. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add soda. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Cream butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixture until well combined.
- Beat eggs one at a time.
- Gently fold in sifted flour. Then add date mixture.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Cover pudding with foil if it becomes too dark during cooking.
- Stand pudding for 10 minutes before turning on to wire rack over oven tray.